OBGYN Physician Partners Services
OB/GYN Physician Partners have delivered quality, patient-focused care for the women of our community for almost three decades. We are dedicated to helping women stay healthy and provide the highest level of care for women of all generations in a caring, informative and understanding environment.
- Colposcopy for abnormal Pap smears
- Cone biopsy of cervix
- Cryotherapy for freezing of abnormal cells on the cervix
- LEEP (Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure) for the surgical removal of abnormal cells
- Sonohysterograms to detect uterine wall abnormalities
- Infertility testing
- Menopause management
- Incontinent disorder evaluation and surgical therapy
- Diagnosis and treatment of interstitial cystitis
- Adolescent gynecology
- Contraceptive management, including Nexplanon and Mirena
- Weight management
Gynecologic Surgical Services
- Hysteroscopic evaluation for uterine abnormalities
- Hysterectomy, total laparoscopic hysterectomy, laparoscopic vaginal hysterectomy, robotic hysterectomy, and single-site hysterectomy
- Evaluation of endometriosis, including extensive laparoscopic surgery, pelvic pain management and restoration of vaginal support
- Endometrial ablation
- Uterine fibroid management, including myomectomy
- Advanced laparoscopic/robotic surgery
Surgeons at St. Francis OBGYN Physician Partners are skilled in the latest minimally invasive surgical techniques. One of those is robotic technology. Robotics is beneficial for performing complex and delicate surgery. Your surgeon is 100% in control, which translates his or her hand movements into smaller, more precise movements of tiny instruments inside your body.
Physicians at St. Francis use the da Vinci System. Your doctor may recommend surgery if you have been diagnosed with fibroid tumors, endometriosis, excessive menstrual bleeding, pelvic prolapse or cancer.
Gynecologic surgery is often performed using either traditional open surgery or minimally invasive surgery.
St. Francis hospital is the first in Columbus to offer da Vinci robotic services. OBGYN Physician Partners offers:
- Robotic Myomectomy
- Abdominal Myomectomy
- Robotic Hysterectomy and Single-Site Hysterectomy
- Abdominal Hysterectomy
- LAVH, TLH, LSH
- Medical Treatment
- Referral for UFE
If you’ve been diagnosed with fibroid tumors, your doctor may recommend a myomectomy. With a myomectomy procedure, your surgeon removes the fibroids and not your uterus. If you are considering surgery, ask your doctor about a minimally invasive myomectomy.
Robotic surgery allows surgeons operate through a few small incisions instead of a large open incision - similar to traditional laparoscopy. This enables your surgeon to operate with enhanced vision, precision, dexterity and control.
There are many benefits to patients who have robotic myomectomy:
- Less blood loss
- Shorter hospital stay
- Less need for narcotic pain medicine
- Small incisions for minimal scarring
Robotic Hysterectomy and Single-Site Hysterectomy
Many women suffer from gynecologic conditions that may require a hysterectomy (removal of the uterus). Today, women facing a hysterectomy have a state-of-the-art minimally invasive surgical option – robotic hysterectomy. Surgeons operate through a few small incisions instead of a large open incision - similar to traditional laparoscopy.
Additionally, women may be eligible for single-site hysterectomy surgery using the da Vinci system. This surgery is typically performed through one incision in the belly button and leaves nearly scarless results. Other benefits may include lower blood loss, low rate of complications, and shorter hospital stays.
Open surgery, also called laparotomy, is any surgical procedure in which a large cut/incision is made to reach your organs. The incision must be large enough for your surgeon to fit his or her hands and surgical instruments inside your body.
With gynecologic surgery, the incision can be horizontal or vertical. Many women are familiar with the horizontal incision (also called a "bikini" incision) since it is commonly used for a C-section.
Open surgery is used worldwide for many gynecologic conditions. However, there are some drawbacks due to the large abdominal incision and noticeable scarring.
Minimally Invasive Surgery
Laparoscopy - The most common minimally invasive surgery is laparoscopy. Instead of a large open incision, surgery is done through a few small incisions using a tiny camera and long, thin surgical instruments. The camera takes images inside your body and those images are sent to a video monitor which guides surgeons as they operate.
If you are considering gynecologic surgery, ask your doctor about minimally invasive robotic surgery. Surgeons make just a few small incisions instead of a large incision - similar to traditional laparoscopy.
OBGYN Physician Partners is dedicated to providing expert, personalized care for women before, during and after pregnancy. Our group, including physicians board-certified in obstetrics and gynecology, provides the best medical care available for pregnant women and their babies in a warm, supportive, family-centered environment. Our goal is to meet your unique needs during your pregnancy.
Obstetrical services include:
- Low-risk and high-risk obstetrical care, including the management of gestational diabetes
- Ultrasound (including 4-D)
- Biophysical profiles
- Fetal monitoring
- Sophisticated genetic screening for pregnancy
- Nuchal translucency
- Maternal serum AFP and amniocentesis